Congratulations Class of 2019
Commencement 2019 was a celebration of what God is doing in the lives and hearts of eighteen graduates of Southeastern. The Sounds of Victory Choir began by singing, “Wherever He Leads, I’ll Go.” From their seats, the graduates could be observed singing the words with tears puddled in their eyes as they each understood their love and commitment to Christ and willingness to go anywhere for Him.
You may watch the graduation service by clicking the link below.
Summer Renovations Have Begun
All four dormitories will receive new carpet during May and June. Last Wednesday, May 8, the new carpet began being installed in the first of 40 dormitory rooms. With the students moving our last Friday, demolition and carpet removal will begin this Monday. The carpet installers are confident that they can have the job completed in thirty days.
These renovations are directly connected to our successful end of the year fundraising campaign for scholarships and renovations. In February, 28,000 square feet of carpet was purchased at a highly discounted price. Director of Development and Donor Relations, Steve Berry, wishes to thank each of our 20/20 Vision Club Partners who donated to the End of Year Matching Gift Campaign. “This fall our students will arrive and be overwhelmed when they step into their newly renovated dormitories. A fresh place to study, sleep, laugh and pray will then be their home for the next nine months. It overjoys my heart to be able to provide this wonderful space for our students. 20/20 Vision club Partners, you are the best!”
$142,000 In Scholarships Offered To Current And Incoming Students
In combination with the End of Year Matching Gift Campaign and the Southeastern Alumni Association, President Ange was excited to share $29,500 in scholarships to nineteen students. These scholarships ranged from $500 to $2,000 each and were based on merit and need.
The Southeastern Promotional Department has offered a total of $112,500 in scholarships to potential students.
- SACS Leadership Scholarships – High school seniors who competed in the annual SACS competition and won 1st, 2nd or 3rd place in an event received a Southeastern scholarship for their effort.
- 1st place certificate = $1,000 scholarship. This scholarship is awarded at $500 per semester in the 2019/20 school year.
- 2nd or 3rd place certificate = $500 scholarship. This scholarship is awarded at $250 per semester in the 2019/20 school year.
- Note: Your SACS award certificate is your scholarship and must be presented to the college financial office to receive the scholarship.
- Note: These scholarships are for your senior year in high school only and may not be added to certificates awarded in previous years.
- Note: Only one SACS award certificate per person may be used for a scholarship in the 2019/20 school year.
- Pastoral Student and Christian Leadership Scholarships Offered – Recently, over 50 scholarship certificates were offered to young preachers and Christian leaders who have distinguished themselves as Christian leaders among their peers.
- Pastoral Student Scholarship = $1,500 scholarship. This scholarship is awarded at $750 per semester for the 2019/20 school year. If you know of a young preacher who is considering preparing for his ministry with a Christian education, please contact Steve Berry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Christian Leadership Scholarship = $1,000 scholarship. This scholarship is awarded at $500 per semester for the 2019/20 school year. If you know of a Christian young person who has distinguished himself/herself among peers as a committed Christian and is interested in Christian education, please contact Steve Berry at email@example.com to request a scholarship on their behalf.
Financial Aid Is Now Available To Southeastern Students
Another step forward in the accreditation process brings financial aid approval to Southeastern. This past December, Southeastern was officially granted approval to accept financial aid. During the spring semester, our students applied and received financial aid through Pell grants and Stafford student loans. In just a few days we will be posting information for students to apply for financial aid for the fall semester.
The board of directors has worked diligently to keep Southeastern’s tuition as affordable as possible. It is the board’s commitment to making a Christian education a reality for students of all socioeconomic backgrounds. The board is thrilled that qualifying students may now receive as much as $6,100 per year in Pell grants.
Youth Aflame North And South
Youth Pastors and students are invited to begin registering now for Youth Aflame North and Youth Aflame South. This year’s theme is “Breakthrough.” Youth often make commitments to God only to be swallowed back up by complacency and worldliness. Yet, some youth make a commitment to Christ and follow through consistently for the entirety of their lives. Why do some youth seem to have a “Breakthrough” and others don’t? This year we will be preaching and ministering for “Breakthrough” at Youth Aflame North and South.
Youth Aflame North – Sandusky, Ohio – June 10-13, 2019 @ Sandhill Free Will Baptist Church
Youth Aflame South – Cramerton, North Carolina – June 17-20, 2019 @ Cramerton Free Will Baptist Church
Click on the appropriate postcard link to be directed to your Youth Aflame of choice.
Southeastern To Sponsor Summer Camp Week At Harvest Time Bible Camp In Summer Of 2020
Plans are being made for a Southeastern week of teen camp at Harvest Time Bible Camp on August 3-7, 2020. Your youth will enjoy a dynamic camp evangelist selected by President Ange and spending time with Southeastern college student sponsors. Youth camp is a place where students get away to a location with other youth and Christian sponsors where they can be challenged spiritually through God’s Word and spend time learning new and fun things. Harvest Time Bible Camp is a premier camping experience and is directed by Southeastern alumnus, Stephen Brackeen. If you are interested in a dynamic Christian experience for your youth at a location equipped with horseback riding, swimming, canoeing, archery, and many other great activities, please reserve these dates on your youth calendar. Space is limited to 120 campers.
Kid’s Fest 2019 – Save The Date September 19, 2019
Make plans to bring your third through sixth-grade students to Kid’s Fest 2019 at Southeastern College. Last year we had a great time with kids from several youth groups. Come see Nicodemus, have a great lunch, hear a great kids sermon and play some great games led by our college students.