CATASTROPHIC EVENT PLAN
To provide guidance for a safe response to disruptive events that impact Southeastern Free Will Baptist College.
Emergency and continuity of operations planning is a function for Southeastern Free Will Baptist College (SFWBC). SFWBC will mitigate the impact of operational disruptions to its campus community by implementing policies, procedures, and capabilities that provide continuity of operations should a catastrophic event occur.
CONTINUITY OF OPERATIONS
SFWBC utilizes highly accessible, cloud-based educational technologies such as populi (LMS), Zoom, and Google Classroom which are cloud based to minimize the likelihood of noticeable service interruption in the event campus facilities are not accessible. SFWBC ensures that systems are protected from vulnerabilities, are adequately secured, and backed up to prevent record destruction and/or data loss.
The following SFWBC resources are intended to help mitigate the impact of a catastrophic event on college operations:
- Permanent academic records are maintained to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and security of all documents and records created, received, or maintained in the course of college academic activity.
- Through the use of cloud-based technologies, in the event SFWBC campus facilities are not available and or SFWBC closure, SFWBC transcripts and student records can be provided off-site through an agreement with the North Carolina Department of Natural and Cultural Resources.
- SFWBC’s Refund Policy, as stated in the College Catalog (https://www.sfwbc.edu/catalog/) provides guidance for ensuring financial refunds are processed in a timely manner consistent with SFWBC policy and applicable federal, state and Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools as stated in their Policies and Procedures Manual (https://tracs.org/Documents/PoliciesandProceduresManual.pdf) accreditation requirements.
- The SFWBC Emergency plan provides emergency procedures to ensure the safety and protection of faculty, staff, students, and visitors as stated in the Student Handbook (https://www.sfwbc.edu/students/handbooks). SFWBC also adheres to Emergency Notification Procedures.
- Provide a reasonable instruction delivery alternative for which the students have paid (example: online delivery replaces in-person instruction delivery).
- Provide assistance in the transfer of credits to other institutions or determine an alternate program path at SFWBC.
- Provide a financial refund to the extent no alternative instructional delivery option is available.Should a discontinuance occur, SFWBC will notify students and provide available options including a teach-out plan in accordance with TRACS policies as stated in their Policies and Procedures Manual (https://tracs.org/Documents/PoliciesandProcedures Manual.pdf)